Wednesday, October 1, 2008

sticky rice and other tales

So this past Sunday I made sweet sticky rice for the first time. It is a Thai recipe, which we were introduced to when my Thai sister was here. It actually is pretty good, though not as good as the sweet sticky rice that we had at the Thai restaurant in Coppell back at home. Still, I sliced up some nectarine witih it (becuase my mango was not ripe yet) and it goes really well with it too. I can't wait to make some coconut soup next!!

Well, the sweet sticky rice did not go over very well when I brought it to Break the Fast Sunday afternoon. I think everyone was scared of it. That is ok, becuase now it is all for me!! I love the stuff, i've already eaten almost a whole pan by myself in the last couple days....mmmm....

I talked to Noon again on Tuesday! I miss her so much...she is tutoring now for a test similar to the SAT she tells me. Good luck Noon!!

I want to post about my senior recital but I still don't have any pics yet from Dad. So I'll just have to wait to post it. It was a pretty awsome (and stressful) day and I can't wait to tell about it.

Other than that, not much has happened to me of late. I failed a quiz this week in my orchestration class...it was horrible. I remember studying about all the stuff, but when it came down to it, I couldn't remember. I even had to leave one question blank. ick. I'm making good grades on my projects though. Our next one is arrangeing Scott Jopoin's Maple Leaf Rag for Brass choir (trumpets, tombones, horns, and tuba). I think it might actually be fun to arrange, since it is a piece I like. I really want to make a good grade in this class so it doesn't bring my GPA down, but in the end I think I will just be happy that its over. December is so close....its October already!! Speaking of October...I want to dress up this year, wear some sort of wings, maybe butterfly or angels wings. I could go completely against the steriotype of the harpist and where devil horns, that would be funny. But I probably wouldn't. Maybe cat ears??? I am playing for the Halloween wind ensemble concert, and we are performing Danse Macabre from Saint-Saens. And we are dressing up for it. How cool is that?!

1 comment:

The Petersen Family said...

I like your new background! it is so pretty with the castle! It sounds like you have been quite the cook lately. I can't believe it is October already either! Good luck deciding what you are going to wear. I'm having the hardest time finding Dallin a costume.