Tuesday, October 21, 2008

oh snap!!!

WHEW!!! Ok, so my midterm actually went really well! I studied hard, and studied the right things!!!! It is amazing how hard you can study sometimes and do terrible...cause you studied the WRONG things. Most of the questions were strait from the previous quizzes. Sweet!!! Becuase I actually studied my quizzes and the correct answers to them. Imagine that. And I turned in my project. And remember that brass arrangement of Joplin's Maple Leaf Rag I told you about earlier?? Got it back with FULL POINTS!!! Oh, and on top of that my rehearsals for symphony band and women's chorus went really well too. So a good day. I am happy right now. And this was the fruits of my labor right here...(i've discovered how to add video hehe)


(Hey kim, are you up again tonight?? Behold...and actually it wasn't that hard just took a long time hehe)

So now what am I doing now?? Actually, right now I'm studying for another midterm...this time for my weight training class, and most of it is no-brainer stuff. I can't believe I'm actually studying for it, I could probably go in tomorrow morning, take it without haveing looked at the book, and been fine. But, this is me, so I have to at least look at the material...so far I haven't read anything I didn't know or couldn't have guessed for myself. Great.

In other news...
I'm trying to stop saying the word "crap" when something unpleasant is happening or has happened...you know, like "oh my gosh" except I say "crap." I got hooked onto this word in high school...not becuase I thought is was a cool word to say, but that everyone was saying it and it just kinda stuck. (At least I didn't get hooked on a swear word, that would've been bad...) However, it is still not a very nice word, and kinda vulgar when you think about it. So I've been trying to replace it. There was one year I started saying "stripes" instead. It didn't stick, but I got another person saying that now instead of swear words so I guess it did some good. My old roommate last year got me saying "Grr" and "rawr," which I still use but they are more like sound effects. So I was watching Chicken Little the other day (I love that movie!!) and whenever something goes wrong he says "Oh snap." I thought, "that's awsome!!" and now that is what I am going to try to say for now on. And if anyone catches me saying "crap" again, I give you permission to take away my peanut butter....oh wait, I don't know if i could give that up...hmm, not my cookiedough either...how about to shamelessly laugh at my face while drinking milkshakes? That's a fair compromise right??

1 comment:

The Petersen Family said...

I love reading your blog. All your homework looked hard...glad it was you and not me:) I'm really bad at saying crap too, maybe i should say oh snap! It is so COLD now!!! I'm glad you did well on all your midterms. PS. I love your haircut. I want to do something different to mine, and i just can't decide.