Wednesday, October 8, 2008

waking up is overrated

Sometimes I'm like this.

Sometimes i'm more like this:


Yeah. It really is. For me. You have no idea....then again, maybe you do. I am pathetic when it comes to waking up in the morning...I hate it. There is rarely anything more satisfying than waking up all warm under your covers, not wanting to get up becuase you know it is FREEZING out there...yeah...you know.

Take this morning. It has been getting cold outside lately, so this morning I woke up grudgingly to my alarm at 8am. I was all warm and toasty. I REALLY didn't want to get up, but I had a class at 9, and I had already missed it on Monday becuase I didn't wake up. Here's the bigger issue with me...

I have to set at least 2 alarm clocks to get me up. sometimes I even set 3 or 4, and set them in various places around the room. One of my alarms is usually my old phone, with the mono sound that is really loud and obnoxious. I'll lay down and get settled, then set the alarm on it, then toss it somewhere across the room so the next morning i have to hunt for it, and it forces me out of bed. This works pretty well since my room is usually cluttered somewhat. Even still though, if I know I have time to sleep a little more, I'll get back in bed, hold my phone in my hand, and snooze the alarm several times. Usually when I sleep, I am on my side and i don't move. When I snooze, however, I turn onto my stomach, with my head facing one wall, and everytime I hit the snooze, i'll turn my head so that it is facing the other wall. I will do this until i'm coherent enough to realize that maybe I should get up. Which is bad becuase studies say that snoozing actually makes you more tired than if you just get up the first time.

Pathetic yes??

...I saw an ad for an alarm clock that rolls off your endtable so you have to chase it to turn the alarm off. Crazy huh...

1 comment:

The Petersen Family said...

I am totally with you. I hate getting out of my warm bed. I am a snooze girl too. Jeff isn't, which is probably a good thing. I can be pretty grumpy in the morning too! I like the pics you added!