Saturday, September 27, 2008

my new do!!!

Thinking about things I could post about, i have decided to dedicate this one to my hair. For those who are unaware, I am extremely vain about my hair. So, when I got a new haircut this summer, needless to say I was excited. My hair was way to long and it was time for a change. So I drove myself down to Carrolton to the Paul Mitchell Academy there (becuase you know they will cut your hair for cheap), parked my car, and proceeded with growing excitement into the small but conventional waiting area. After confirming my appointment, one of the girl's led me to the back, where this huge warehouse area had been converted into about 50 hair stations. I kinda knew how I wanted my hair but I wasn't sure. So we started with a simple chop, since I was going to donate my hair. They took my long ponytail, and though they proceeded to just "chop" it off, it was more like sawing, since my fine hair is so thick. Wow, that was a lot of hair for 12 inches. The shampooing is my favorite part. After, two or three girls played around with my hair until I deemed it "perfect!!" (Just a note to those going for a new short style--this is NOT the way to go...i was there for 3 hours!!) After i was all styled up and paying, I asked the girl at the desk how old I looked. To my joy, she said "22" which of course is exactly my age. To not look like I am 16, or even 18!! It was a happiness I could not explain. (Although last week someone thought I was a freshman....I'm a 5th year for crying out loud!!) So I went home, showed off my new do to the fam, all of which loved it. I just wish I was still a brunette....sigh....

No comments: