Monday, June 1, 2009

Hot Springs Music Festival: Day 2

Nothing exciting really happened today. I'm peeved that I can't run. And rehearsal was not so fun. My fingers have blisters on them from playing so many glissandos and he kept wanting me to play louder, as if I don't know that I have to. AHH!! I'm trying to save my fingers for the concert OK?! Besides that, Richard Rosenburg is one of the better conductors I have played under. He has a keen ear, knows the music really well, and is easy to follow. That's a lot more than a lot of conductors out there. Even more annoying is when conductors cue you for harmonics and they don't sound. That's embarrassing.

So, I don't think I posted about this. 4 days ago I cut the backside of my leg right along the inside of my knee. Pretty bad. Apparently it was hilarious, according to Mom and sister Kimberly. We have about 3 acres. My mom was mowing the field with the bushhog attached to the tractor (google it). There was a big branch that got wedged up where the bushhog connects to the tractor. I was trying to pull it out. I overbalanced and starting flailing becuase I was falling over backwards...and most of the branch was behind me, with part of it pressed up against my leg. All I could think of was "someone please help me becuase if I fall backwards this piece of tree branch is going to go right though my knee." And "oh snap." It was one of those moments. Mom and Kim were standing right there but just watched as I fell. Their excuse was that they were stuck in the mindset of "oh my gosh she's going to fall flat on her back!" and never got to the part where maybe they should help me. So they just stood and ogled.

Well, I managed to fall in such a way that the branch just scraped my leg instead of going through it. Go me.

Here is what it looks like today:

Apparently it looks really bad. I didn't think it was all that bad and ppl are asking if I had surgery or got in a bike accident or something. And it looks a lot worse in real life...this is just a pic off my camera. It wouldn't be that bad but it is taking a long time to heal becuase it is in an area where the skin is bending all the time. There is bruising too. So I walk with a limp becuase I'm trying not to bend it. It's really not as bad as all that though. Just makes me furious that I can't run yet.

Aren't you glad I'm sharing this with you??

1 comment:

The Petersen Family said...

OUCH!!!!!!! THat looks so painful! I think i would have been with your mom and sister...too slow to react. I hope your blisters heal up soon so you can play louder. So how long are you going to be there? Well, sounds like a lot of music fun. Hey, make sure you check my blog to see our good news!