Thursday, June 11, 2009

car trouble

OK..........yeah.

My car broke down. On the road. While I was driving it. Yep.

It had been running fine...or so I had thought. Then it started making funny noises. Then it just died on me last night. Couldn't get a hold of a tow truck, got a cab home. Called the tow truck this morning. Dad came back up. (He came up for my concert and then left to drive home and got stuck by the storms all night so he wasn't far away. My car broke down driving home from dinner.) Took it to a highly recommended auto place. Took a look at it, could be serious, may not be. I hope I don't have to get a new car, that would really be unfortunate, don't you agree?

So, waiting on the verdict. Apparently the water level was at zero and "smelled hot"....which means that I didn't notice my water temp gauge moving into the hot zone. Stupid me. But I had been driving so little while I was here (just a mile or so here and there) that I never stopped to just look at it. Which is still stupid becuase it is something you're supposed to check every time you turn your car on. woops. So yeah, I feel awful, and hope I didn't just ruin my engine. Life lesson here folks :l
I still have 3 days before I have to leave, so hopefully what can be done will be done by then. Cross your fingers!

Other than all that, I'm great! Concert went great last night. My duet with the flute was as close to flawless as you can get in a performance. And I got to stand and be recognized, so that was cool. Dad came out and really enjoyed the concert too. Anyway, I'm going to go watch a movie, maybe play on my computer...just be lazy today since my hard part is over in the festival. I just got back from the Colonial cafe where I had a stack of peanut butter chip pancakes....yum. Bet you're jelous huh?
:o)

1 comment:

The Petersen Family said...

i'm jealous!! I love peanut butter!! I'm sorry to hear about your car. I never look at that stuff either. I guess I should pay attention! Hopefully its nothing horrible! Glad you are having fun!