Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 7...I think...

Today was busy. Got up early, took a shower. Went to the farmer's market at 8:00. Got some blackberries...mmm...went to rehearsal at 9am. We rehearsed Mahler's 10th symphony, first movement...which is the only movement of it he finished before kicking it. It is not my favorite piece and we did a lot of sitting there because we were playing an edited version by Richard our conductor so there was a lot of checking to make sure everyone had the right notes in thier parts. That and the fact that there is not a lot of harp part in it. But, we played beautifully when we could. So all in all, good.

Then Shana (my mentor) and I practiced, then went to lunch at a fusion cuisine place. Talk about fusing cultures together...yep they mastered it but it is all soooo good. We got a fried banana cheescake thing with ice cream that was so good...I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Then we went back and practiced some more for the Family/children's concert that we were playing on tonight, which went really well. There are these 2 cute girls that I keep seeing at all the concerts and one is really interested in the harp. So we played a little piece on the program, along with a bunch of others, talking about different instruments and when they came about. The African drums were probably my favorite, though the saxophone quartet was awsome too...as well as the clarinet piece...it was all good. Then I went to half of the Piano Mania concert, which I just got back from. Whew that was a lot! I also might go to the Brauhouse pub to listen to the brass jam session, as well as some polka. Shana plays the accordian in the polka music jam sessions and I really am in the mood to hang out and hear it. (Which is the only reason I'm even going to the bar.)

My leg is doing much better still. It's still bandaged and wrapped up but it is not hurting much and is not enflamed anymore. I could actually walk like a normal person today. YAY!!

Tomorrow is Shulmer and Bizet. Tell you all about it later.
;o)

No comments: