Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hot Spring Happenings

Ok, so tonight is the concert where I play Bizet's l'arlsienne suite 2 and Shulman's cello concerto. It is a pretty big concert. The Shulman is pretty modern, but I love it, and kind of has some middle eastern vibes to it. The Bizet is awsome. Everyone knows the 4th movement too....unfortunately the only movement I don't play on. But I do have an exposed duet with the flute in the third movement. So. Excited!!

Ok, so other than that, nothin much. Except yesterday my car decided to not start while at a movie rental place. Called a tow truck and everything....and then it started an hour later. So cancelled the tow truck, which was good. It has been fine since, other than this occasional click-clack sound the engine is making. I'm worried that my car has lost it's will to live. It just got out of the shop for bad coils and spark plugs. But we are thinking that it might have been vapor locked, whatever that means. But it made me miss the African drum piece on the chamber concert and the Brauhms so booooo!!!

Gotta go eat dinner before the concert. Love to all!!

No comments: