Sunday, September 13, 2009

Harry Potter (CAUTION!!! THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS!!)

So the last 6 months I decided to read all the Harry Potter books in order....except I didn't read them. My dad has them all on cd with Jim Dale as narrator (he is amazing!!!) so I decided to listen to them all. I was on 6 when I drove up here and finished it up here. However, I didn't have the 7th book on cd, since it was at home, but I did have the book with me so I read the book. I had only read it that one time when it first came out, so the only thing I could remember about what happened was how the book ended. I had forgotten all the other information about thier journeys and all the stuff they find out that wraps the series together. JK Rowling was a true genious in the whole harry potter storyline. Well, I had also forgotten that Harry sacrifices himself in the woods when he thinks he has to die. I knew that he doesn't die, but I totally cried anyway. The way that chapter was written was so sad and so moving.

I am such a sap.

No comments: