Monday, March 15, 2010

Asparagus

So Diane my landlady had a whole bunch of asparagus she didn't use; so I said I would eat it. I have always wanted to try roasted asparagus. However, asparagus was never a favorite vegetable growing up (sorry mom). My mom's favorite way to eat it is to boil it. And then I would smother it with ketchup. Sounds disgusting, but at least 2 of my sisters eat it that way too, and it's actually pretty good.

You can quite making barfing noises now.

Anyway, I've always wanted to roast them, since a lot of people cook asparagus that way. So I coated them in olive oil, seasoned pepper, salt, dill, and minced onions and roasted them in the oven. Let me tell you....that was probably the most delicious cooked vegetable I have ever eaten. It literally tasted gourmet and I was extremely sad when it was all gone.

So, turns out I do like asparagus (without ketchup). I think that is probably the way with most vegetables. Many people say they don't like them. Maybe that's because they haven't found the right way to cook or prepare them yet. It's a theory, anyway.

=0>

1 comment:

The Petersen Family said...

YAY for more blog posts!!!!!! Your asparagus sounds yummy! I am going to have to try it sometime.