Thursday, November 5, 2009

Henry

Meet Henry.
Well, I was sad looking at the empty fish bowl on my desk. It seemed so lonely in my room without a fish in it. So after 2 days (Halloween I might add) I went to the the local petsmart and scoped out a new beta. After searching and comparing and observing for about 20 minutes I finally found my new beta.

His name is Henry. He is a beautiful blue and white delta tail beta (they actually have different kinds...isn't that fun). His tail is very flowy and rounded along the outside, and his top and bottom fins are much longer and also very flowy. Oscar was a standard beta with a pointed tail and fins, which were pretty but not "flowy" (is that even a word or did I make that up??). I got him partially becuase he is so handsome and would look good in my tank with the red stones, and becuase how active he was in the store. I don't want a boring depressed fish. And he is very regal looking when he swims. I've only had him for 5 days and he has even more personality than Oscar, I think.

I'm feeding him pellets instead of flake food, so his water won't cloud up as much. While Oscar didn't care for the pellets, Henty LOVES them. In fact, he hangs out at the surface waiting for me to drop one in. If he is really hungry he basically swallows them whole. If he is not that hungry, he'll play with it. He grabbs it in his mouth and swims around the tank with it until he decides he wants to eat it. Sometime he attacks it, sometimes he'll twitch with it in his mouth like he is attacking it. It's really funny to watch. And he always flares his fins really wide while he is eating. Here is a pic of him playing with his food. What a cute fish face!!
The other really funny thing about him is that he like to try to eat the plant. He does it less often than initially, but if a piece of root that has broken off he will attack it. There is also a certain place where the roots push up agains the bowl...he loves to wedge himself into that spot between the plant and the bowl. He also likes trying to wedge into the rocks at the bottom. Either that or he is scoping for food.

And he is always excited to see me. Sometimes he sees something outside and zooms around his tank trying to get at it. I know I sound silly but I love Henry!! I think you will agree with me on how pretty he is too :)

2 comments:

NOON said...

Henry !!! He is so blue!
He is a beautiful fish.

Oh yeah and I'm sorry about Oscar.
T.T Oscar must be in a fish heaven and have a lot of friends over there !

Michelle R u gonna go to Utah for Christmas Break?
Coz I think that I will send something to u guy and If u guy go to Utah I will send it after Christmas.

I got cha go ! Miss ya sis . love ya!!

BEAR HUG! hahahaa

The Petersen Family said...

I'm glad you found another friend to keep you company at home! He is a beautiful blue fish!