Wednesday, February 16, 2011

NIU Philharmonic Concerto Concert -- tonight at 8pm CT via webcast

Hey....don't have long but wanted to remind a couple of you that tonight is the first NIU Philharmonic Concert of the spring.  It starts at 8pm central time and will be on LIVE WEBCAST.  You should know the drill by now.  The link for the webcast is on the right side column of my blog, michelleheuer.blogspot.com.

It is going to be a good concert, as it is the winners of the concerto contest.  Nope, no harp.  My friend did audition with the Ginastera harp concerto, and in my opinion it should have been one of the winners....it sounds way cooler than some of the concertos on the concert.  But enough about the stupid politics of NIU.

I only play on one concerto....the very last piece on the concert.  It is a piano concerto by Ravel, and everything by Ravel is really good.  His Introduction and Allegro was the piece that I did to win the Undergraduate Concerto Competition at Ball State.
I'm not sure what time I'll be playing, since I'm last, so to watch me you'll have to stay tuned.  I'm going to guess at least 9pm, but like I said, I'm not sure how long the concert will be.  However, I do have a solo section in it, so you should definitely be able to hear me.  :)

Forward this post to anyone who you think would want to watch.  See y'all tonight!!

No comments: